Software Engineer (PLC Application)
- Location: Geneva, Switzerland
- Career Category: Research, Development, Design, Engineering
Role Summary / Purpose
Sécheron Hasler Group continues the Swiss tradition of over 140 years in the field of railway technology. We are a leading global supplier of electrical and electronic safety components and solutions and traction power systems for the railway industry and also provide solutions for renewable energy, DC grid, and other industrial systems. The name Sécheron Hasler Group is a worldwide synonym for Swiss Quality and represents a leading reference for state of the art products supplied to the market.
With more than 1’200 employees worldwide, we are wherever our customers are around the globe, supplying products approved in our customers’ countries or markets and deliver top-notch supply chain and customer services locally.
For our site in Geneva we are looking for a
Software Engineer PLC Application (100%)
to develop project applications for our protection and control products.
We are looking for a Software engineer to develop project applications for our protection and control products. The position is based in Geneva.
Candidates for this position are software application engineers with strong knowledge and hands-on experience in IEC 61131-3 standard languages and communication interface.
In this role, you will:
- Program, design, implement, and tests PLCs controls software
- Take on technical support on applications projects/customers.
- Support and carry out continuous improvement activated within our base applications.
- Travel internationally to clients (10-15%)
In order to be successful in this role, you will need the following:
Education and training:
– Master’s (MS) degree in Computer / Software Engineering, Computer Science or Electrical Engineering with software focus.
- 3-5 years of experience in PLC programming with IEC61131-3.
- Configuration and commissioning of automation systems.
- Creating of flow diagrams for program design, simulation and testings
- Familiar with communication protocols for Power Systems protocol, like IEC61850, IEC60870 and/or DNP3 is a plus
English (native or C2 level); French minimum B2 level
Ideally, you possess the following:
– Conscientious follow-up and documentation skills
– Ability to connect into a small team and project setup quickly, but equally capable to work independently
– Good communication and intercultural skills
– Agile and Lean software development practices
If you consider yourself also as mature, flexible, technology agnostic as well as stress resistant and a motivated fast learner, then you are our ideal candidate!
What We Offer
What we offer
We have flat hierarchies and encourage direct communication between departments and levels of management. This enables us to make decisions quickly.
We give our employees total responsibility for their job tasks. All employees are encouraged to take initiatives and contribute to the company’s operational excellence and have ample opportunities to achieve their personal and career growth objectives.
How to apply:
Do you have a positive attitude and an entrepreneurial spirit? Are you seeking a challenging and rewarding international work environment? If this sounds like you and you consider yourself as pragmatic and hands-on, please submit your CV! We look forward to receiving your application.
Apply Today * required
- Sécheron SA - Geneva, Switzerland
- HR department
Rue du Pré-Bouvier 25
1242 Satigny – Geneva
- +41 22 739 41 11