Mechanical Design Engineer
- Location: Madrid, Spain
- Career Category: Research, Development, Design, Engineering
Role Summary / Purpose
Sécheron is a leading global supplier of electrical and electronic safety components and solutions and traction power systems for the railway industry and also provides solutions for renewable energy, DC grid, and other industrial systems.
In support of the global growth we are seeking a Design Mechanical Engineer for the Business Unit Traction Power System:
- Preparation of mechanical drawings in the tendering phase
- Develop complete design of electro-mechanical assemblies to detailed level considering aspects and requirements such as:
- Understanding of electrical and electronic schematics
- Standards, tolerances, bolted and welded joints, mechanical stability
- Handling, installation, maintenance
- Use of standard components shall be prioritized.
- Propose design solutions and alternatives in an efficient way. Show proactive attitude toward design improvements.
- Creation and management of customer drawings for validation.
- 3D equipment realization and management by project, including bills of material in our ERP system.
- Maintain fluent interaction with team members located at local offices and international offices. Fluency in English required.
- 3 years of successful experience as similar position (ideally)
- Experience in the railway field or electrical distribution is a plus
- University degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Knowledge and proficiency of ERP tool (Oracle, SAP…)
- Extensive knowledge and demonstrated experience in 3D CAD design (SolidWorks, Catia, Solidedge, AutoDesk Inventor…)
- English level minimum B2 (French is a plus)
- You are autonomous, able to take technical responsibilities and solution oriented
- Ability to work in a multicultural company
- Teamwork capability
What We Offer
- We are an international company offering good social conditions and a great working environment and atmosphere
- Competitive salary according to candidate experience
Apply Today * required
- Sécheron Hasler Ibérica - Spain
- HR department
Calle Hierro, 28
Polígono Industrial Camponuevo
28863 Cobeña, Madrid